Andrew Grande, MD
Sees Patients at:
Philosophy of Care:My philosophy is to care for others as I would my mother, father, wife or child. I ask my patients to call me “Andy” because it's important to be on a first name basis with those who entrust their lives with me. While neurosurgery is a world of unpredictable fates, I am committed to each patient to do my absolute best all the time.
- William P. Van Wagenen Award (2010), American Association of Neurosurgeons
- Ellen and Stewart B. Dunskar ,MD Award for Clinical Research (2009) University of Cincinnati
- The University Hospital Health Alliance Doctor’s Day Award (2006) University of Cincinnati
Leadership Roles (ex. national organizations, major grant funding):
- Young Neurosurgeon’s Committee (American Association of Neurosurgeons)
- Delegate to the Council of State Neurosurgical Societies
PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Krishnan D., Alto D., Waisath T., Grande A., Khan U., Abruzzo T. (2011) Internal Carotid Artery Pseudoaneurysm After Le Fort I Osteotomy: Report of a Case and Its Management. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 69:e242-e245
- Hsieh P., Ondrej S., Grande A., O’Shaughnessy B., Bierbrauer K., Crone K., Halpin R., Suk I., Koski T., Gokaslan Z., Kuntz IV C. (2009) Posterior Vertebral Column Subtraction Osteotomy (PVCSO): A Novel Surgical Approach for the Treatment of Multiply Recurrent Tethered Cord Syndrome (TCS). J Neurosurg Spine 10(4): 278-286
- Air E., Ghomri Y., Tyagi R., Grande A., Crone K., Mangano F. (2009) Management of Vagal Nerve Stimulator Infections: Do They Need to be Removed. J Neurosurg Pediatr 3(1): 73-8
- Nakafuku M., Nagao M., Grande A., Cancelliere A. (2008) Revisiting Neural Stem Cell Identity. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 105(3): 829-30
- Grande A., Maher P., Morgan C., Choutka O., Ling B., Raderstorf T., Berger E., Kuntz IV C. (2006) Vertebral Column Subtraction Osteotomy for Recurrent Tethered Cord Syndrome in Adults: a Cadaveric Study. J Neurosurg Spine. 4: 478-484
- Nan Z., Grande A., Sanberg C., Sanberg P., Low W. (2005) Infusion of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Amelierates Neurologic Deficits in Rats with Hemorrhagic Brain Injury. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1049:84-96.
- Rodrigues C, Spellman S, Sola S, Grande A, Cheryle L, Low W, Steer C. (2002) Neuroprotection by Bile Acid in an Acute Stroke Model of Rat. J. Cerebral Blood Flow. 22: 463-471.
- Wotta D. R., Parsons A. M., Hu J., Grande A. W., El-Fakahany E. E (1998) M1 Muscarinic Receptors Stimulate Rapid and Prolonged Phases of Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase Activity: Involvement of Different Calcium Pools. J. Neurochem. 71: 487-497.
- Nakafuku M, Grande A. (In Print) Neurogenesis in the Damaged Brain. Comprehensive Developmental Neuroscience
- Morgan C, Grande A, Tew J. (In Print) Percutaneous Stereotactic Rhizotomy in the Treatment of Intractable Facial Pain. Schmidek & Sweet, Sixth Edition
- Ringer A, Nichols C, Khan S, Grande A, Khan U, Pyne-Geithman G, Abruzzo T. (In Print) Angioplasty and Stenting for Management of Intracranial Arterial Stenosis. Hemorrhagic and Ischemic Stroke: Surgical, Interventional, Imaging, and Medical Approaches
- Grande A, Nichols C, Khan U, Abruzzo T, Ringer A, Zuccarello M. (2011) Treatment of Post-Hemorrhagic Cerebral Vasospasm: role of endovascular therapy. Early Brain Injury or Cerebral Vasospasm, Acta Neurochirurgica Supplementum, Supplement Volume 110/2
- Grande A., Morgan C., Tew J. (2011) Percutaneous Stereotactic Rhizotomy. Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Tew J., Grande A., (2008) Percutaneous Stereotactic Radiofrequency Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia. COSMAN Procedure Technique Series
- Choutka O., Grande A., Kuntz IV C. (2006) Posterior Thoracic Instrumentation with Pedicle Screws, Hooks, Wires, and Rods. Neurosurgical Operative Atlas, Spine and Peripheral Nerve 2nd Edition