4010 West 65th St
Edina MN 55435
- Top Doctor: Voted a top orthopedic surgeon by his peers in Mpls/St. Paul magazine (2007, 2009)
- Elected Board Member: American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society
- University of Minnesota: Selected best teacher/instructor by orthopaedic resident (2004)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons: Foot and Ankle Evaluation Subcommittee Member (2009 - 2012)
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society: Education Committee Member (2003 - present)
- Department Trophy: Most Outstanding Final Year Orthopaedic Resident, University of Stellenbosch (1992)
- Synthes Award: Best Research Paper in Orthopaedic Dept., University of Stellenbosch (1989, 1991, 1992)
- Medical Association of South Africa: John S. Struthers Award for student in his clinical years who rendered an exceptional service to the general student community (1983)
Coetzee, JC. Surgical Strategies: Lateral Ligament Reconstruction as Part of the Management of Varus Ankle Deformity with Ankle Replacement. Foot and Ankle International. 2010 March; 31(3):267-274.
Coetzee JC, Carreira D. Arthrodesis of the first metatarsocuneiform joint: a comparative study of fixation methods. Foot Ankle Int. 2009 Apr;30(4):341-5.
Coetzee, JC: Making Sense of Lisfranc Injuries. Foot and Ankle Clinics of North America; 2008 Dec; Volume 13, Issue 4: 695-704.