My Total Rewards 2014
Fairview Clinics and Hospital Physicians
Fairview offers total rewards to fit your life. We know you and your family have different personal and financial health needs at different stages in life. Employees authorized 48 or more hours per pay period enjoy a wide range of both traditional benefits and leading-edge rewards. You will enroll online at the time of hire and each year during Open Enrollment. During enrollment you will make choices for medical and dental insurance, medical and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance and much more.
The information below is an overview. Additional information is available through Fairview’s Employee Service Center, 612-672-5050 or toll-free 877-903-5050.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Retirement: 403(b) & 401(k) plans
Professional Liability Coverage
Licenses and fees
Professional association dues
Health and Wellness Resources
Continuing medical education
For medical insurance, Fairview offers three MedChoice plan options, allowing you to choose your deductible. A fourth plan option, Fairview Basic Plus, offers low-cost coverage ideal for healthy individuals. Dependents and same-sex domestic partners also are eligible for coverage. Coverage is effective the 31st day of employment.
You choose your annual deductible amount — $400, $700 or $1,300 with a health savings account (HSA). Fairview contributes $250 for individuals and $500 for families into your HSA with the $1,300 plan. Each deductible also is paired with an out-of-pocket maximum.
Office visits, prescription drugs and hospital services are subject to the deductible. The exception is preventive care, which is covered at 100 percent (except at out-of-network providers). Note: In the $400 and $700 deductible MedChoice plans, primary care services at Fairview Clinics and other High Value Network providers are not subject to the deductible.
Once you’ve met the deductible, you will pay medical and prescription drug co-insurance. Your medical co-insurance will depend on where you receive services:
- High Value Network and Choice Network: you pay 10 percent
- PreferredOne Network: you pay 30 percent
- Out-of-Network: you pay 40 percent
Note: The Choice Network of providers for preventive and primary care includes Fairview Clinics, Fairview Physician Associates, University of Minnesota Physicians, Health East Clinics, North Clinic, North Memorial Health Care and Fairview Mesaba clinics. Search all provider directories at preferredone.com/fairview.
Your prescription drug co-insurance will depend on the type of drug and where you purchase your prescription. View co-insurance amounts for generic, formulary and non-formulary brands.
Fairview Basic Plus
The Fairview Basic Plus medical plan provides coverage at a minimal premium cost for individuals who rarely use medical services. Here’s how it works:
- The plan will cover the first $750 of eligible medical and prescription drug expenses ($1,500 for families) during the year. Additional expenses will be subject to a $5,000 deductible ($10,000 for families) before the plan begins to pay 100 percent of your expenses.
- Plan participants must receive care within the Basic Plus Network which includes all Fairview-owned clinics, Fairview Physician Associates and University of Minnesota Physicians clinics as well as Fairview hospitals. You receive limited coverage for medical expenses outside this network, including emergencies. Prescription drugs must be purchased at National Pharmaceutical Services (NPS) network pharmacies.
- Preventive care will be covered at 100 percent in the Basic Plus Network. It will not count toward your first $750 of medical expenses (or $1,500 for families).
What you pay each pay period for medical insurance depends on how many people you cover and which plan you choose. View per pay period rates for each plan.
For dental insurance, you choose from two different plans, both administered by Delta Dental. Dependents and same-sex domestic partners also are eligible. Coverage is effective on the 31st day of employment. View per pay period rates for Fairview’s two dental plans.
You have nine coverage levels to choose from for life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance: $10,000, $50,000, or an amount equaling 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 times your salary. Coverage is effective the 91st day of employment. Optional life insurance can be purchased for your spouse, domestic partner and children.
Disability insurance provides salary continuance in the event that you become disabled and are unable to work. Coverage is effective on the 91st day of employment.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance: You receive a benefit of 60 percent of your salary up to a maximum benefit of $5,192 per week. Short-term disability coverage begins after all sick time is used or 30 calendar days of disability, whichever occurs later.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: You receive a benefit of 60 percent of your salary up to a maximum benefit of $22,500 per month. Long-term disability begins after 90 days of disability. Own occupation/own specialty coverage is available.
Employees of Fairview’s taxable entities (most Fairview Clinics and Behavioral Healthcare Providers) may join the 401(k) plan. All other employees may participate in the 403(b) plan.
Fairview contributions: Fairview contributes an amount equal to four percent of your compensation each year to the plan for eligible employees. In addition, any contributions an eligible employee makes, up to six percent, of their compensation will be matched at 50 percent. This means you could earn an additional three percent matching contribution from Fairview (for a total seven percent employer contribution) if you contribute six percent or more to your retirement plan.
Eligible employees are at least 21 years of age and have completed one year of employment with at least 1,000 hours of service.
Employee contributions are immediately 100 percent vested. Fairview contributions (made annually, after the end of the year) are subject to this vesting schedule.
Fairview provides paid sick leave when you are ill and unable to work. Paid sick leave is also available to care for your ill child following one year at a benefit-eligible status. You will accrue 12 days per year to a maximum of 90 days.
- Employee Wellness Services: Access a variety of resources for fitness, nutrition, weight management, tobacco cessation and more through an employee intranet site, blog community and activities both online and onsite.
- Frequent Fitness Discount: Employees on a Fairview MedChoice plan receive $20 off the monthly membership fee (or $40 off for employee and spouse) at a variety of metro-area health clubs when you visit 12 times or more per month.
- Employee Assistance Program: Employees and family members receive up to six sessions of free, confidential short-term counseling, problem-solving and referrals. Seek help for work or personal concerns including stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues and more.
- Nurse Advisors are available to help you choose the right care at the right time. Experienced registered nurses provide information, education and support for any health-related concern. Call 612-672-1094 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You will receive an annual dollar allotment for approved expense reimbursement and accrue paid time off (prorated for part-time employment and mid-year start).
- If you are employed half-time or less, you will receive a minimal dollar allotment, but no time off.
- The course is taken at an accredited educational institution;
- The employee satisfactorily completes the course; and
- The degree or course enhances the employee’s current position or prepares the employee for a position that may be available at Fairview in the future.
After six months of employment working at least 48 hours per pay period, employees may receive reimbursement for up to 75 percent of the cost of tuition and books, not to exceed $2,500 annually. Employees must agree to work at Fairview for one year after completion of course work.
This is intended to provide a summary of benefits offered to Fairview employees. While Fairview believes the information included in this summary to be true, it is not intended to be all-inclusive nor is it intended to set conditions of employment. Fairview reserves the right to modify, change or reserve any part or parts of this information at any time. The language in this brochure is not intended to create, nor can it be construed to create, a contract between Fairview and its employees. The language in the insurance contracts and documents will prevail should there be a conflict of information.