Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering at Fairview Ridges Hospital in Burnsville, Minnesota offers rewards which may include:
- Meal vouchers
- Opportunities to attend workshops, health screenings and other events
- Fairview Pharmacy and Gift Shop discounts
- Free Parking
- Health Sciences Library access
- Discounted sports or entertainment tickets
- Junior Volunteer Scholarship
Adult Volunteer Application Instructions
- Submit an online application.
- Provide two completed reference forms.
- Complete an interview.
- If selected, complete background screening and health assessment.
- Attend new volunteer orientation and department specific trainings.
Adult Reference Form
Junior Volunteer Application Instructions
*The Junior volunteer application link is currently closed. Please check back for openings.
Junior volunteers are between ages 14-18 years old and currently attend high school. Most junior volunteers serve two to three 4-hour shifts each month and are scheduled evenings or weekends. The Junior Volunteer program is extremely competitive, thus not all students who apply and interview will be accepted.
1. Submit an online application.
2. Submit the following together to Volunteer Services (incomplete submissions will not be accepted)
· Signed Junior Volunteer Guidelines
4. If selected, complete background screening, health assessment and volunteer training.
1. How long does the volunteer application process typically take?
After an application is accepted during an open enrollment period, screening, interviewing and orientation can take 3-4 weeks. The minimum age to volunteer is 14.
2. Do I need medical experience or training?
No, all the training you will need is provided.
3. Are there costs involved?
The basic volunteer immunization and tuberculosis screening is covered by Fairview.
4. What volunteer positions are available?
We offer volunteer placement in many different areas throughout the hospital and affiliated clinics, based on volunteer interest, abilities and availability.
5. Do I have to volunteer a minimum of hours?
Adult volunteers typically serve one four-hour shift per week. Junior volunteers typically serve two or three, four hour shifts per month. Most volunteer shifts range from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 12:30-4:30 p.m. and 4:30 -8:30 p.m. The minimum service requirement for Adult and Junior volunteers is 100 hours with at least six months of active volunteering.
6. Where can current volunteers access VicNet?
Log on to your VicNet account: Access VicNet.
7. How do I contact volunteer services at Fairview Ridges Hospital?
For additional information call (952) 892-2035.