We’re recognized for outstanding patient care
Awards and Designations
- Designated a 2012 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures from the Joint Commission. Fairview Northland Medical Center was was recognized for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for pneumonia and surgical care.
- The Emergency Department received a 2012 Excellence in Patient Care Award from The Studer Group, an outcomes-based healthcare performance improvement firm.
- Designated a Level IV Trauma Center.
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement™ by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
- Winner of several Minnesota Hospital Association’s awards for patient safety:
- SAFE SITE award for preventing problems in the operating room;
- SAFE from FALLS award for preventing and reducing patient falls while hospitalized; and
- SAFE COUNT award focused on reducing obtained objects, such as sponges, following childbirth.
- National Premier Quality Award winner for cardiac care.
- National Institute for Healthcare Improvement award winner for improving the way we track patient’s medications before, during and after hospitalizations.
- State wide Bridges to Excellence Award winner for diabetes management and care for veins and arteries (vascular.)
- Named the state’s Best Value Hospital by Minnesota 2020, a non-partisan think tank.
Partners in care
Together with nearby Fairview Clinics, Fairview Northland Medical Center offers primary and specialty medical services to meet the area’s changing needs. Fairview Northland Medical Center is part of Minneapolis-based Fairview Health Services, a Top 10 health system in the nation according to Thomson Reuters' benchmark study on quality and efficiency in clinical care. We're your gateway to the cutting edge research and innovations in care at University of Minnesota Medical Center and University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Fairview Clinics - Elk River
- Fairview Clinics - Milaca
- Fairview Clinics - Princeton
- Fairview Clinics - Zimmerman
- Fairview Home Care and Hospice (In-home care arranged from offices in Princeton, call toll free, 866-827-5039
- Fairview Pharmacies located in Milaca, Princeton and Zimmerman. You do not need to be a Fairview patient to use our retail pharmacies.