Fairview Southdale Hospital does not have set visiting hours. Visitors that remain on patient care units after 8:30 pm will be asked to obtain a visitor name tag from the nursing station. For the safety of our patients and staff, entrance to the hospital after 8:30 pm is through the Emergency Department only.
There are many services that will help make your stay here more comfortable.
- Our team of volunteers deliver newspapers Monday through Friday.
- Your mail and flowers from friends and family are delivered daily.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in patient rooms and at our library on the lower level.
- Coffee, stamps, cash machines and more are conveniently located throughout the hospital.
- Our gift shop is open weekdays for small items you may need.
- Shopping centers, grocery and book stores and restaurants are within a block or two of the hospital campus.
- You may refer to our in-room handbook for more information.
Fragrances and smoking
We are a fragrance and smoke-free facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the hospital campus.
To assure a quiet, comfortable and healing environment, cell phone use is strongly discouraged in hospital rooms. Guests and visitors may be asked to step into the family lounge or public areas when using cell phones.
You will find cash machines (ATMs) in the hospital:
- Near the elevators on the main floor (U.S. Bank)
- On the lower level in the west side near meeting rooms (Wells Fargo)
Patients at Fairview Southdale Hospital can enjoy meals when they want them through At Your Request Room Service. Patients and families may order meals any time between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Meals are made fresh and brought to the patient room within 45 minutes of ordering. Patients will find menus and more information in his or her room.
Guests are welcome to also order food to a patient room through our room service. Guest trays can be ordered by calling the room service phone number. There is a nominal fee for guest trays.
The Crosstown Café located in the lower level of the hospital serves a variety of meals or snacks. For your convenience, the Café is open Monday through Friday, weekends and holidays.
Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. (closed 10:15 - 11 a.m. and 3:30 - 4:15 p.m.)
Weekends and holidays, 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (closed 10 - 11 a.m. and 3:30 - 4 p.m.)
Our coffee shop features specialty coffees, teas and smoothies. Café Amore also offers a variety of pastries and sandwiches.
Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fairview Southdale Hospital’s gift shop is located on the first floor near the west entrance.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Weekends, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
There are several Fairview pharmacies located on our hospital campus and throughout the communities we serve.
Pharmacy locations on Fairview Southdale Hospital campus:
6363 France Ave. S.
Edina, MN 55435
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Southdale Medical Building
6545 France Ave. S.
Edina, MN 55435
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - Noon