This conference is for physicians, nurses, EMS, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists and allied health professionals.
Nov. 19-20, 2015
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
5801 Opus Parkway
Minnetonka, MN 55343
Registration is not yet open. Check back for registration and agenda information.
2014 conference highlights:
- Interventional Procedures for Chronic Headaches and Neck Pain
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of the Spine
- Spinal cord stimulation for pain management
- Dysphagia and the Spine Patient
- Functional Outcomes in Spinal Cord Injury
- Advances in Intracranial Pressure and Temperature Management
- Deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease patients
- Neurointerventional radiology: The Vertebroplasty Patient
- Brain Tumors
- Emergent care of stroke patients
- Pediatric Scoliosis
- Fine Tuning the Neuro Patient Assessment
- Identify interventional treatment approaches for chronic headache and neck pain.
- Discuss pediatric scoliosis and options for surgical intervention.
- State indications and outcomes for spinal cord stimulation in pain management.
- Identify the clinical decision making process in the neuro patient while in the Emergency Department.
- Summarize the neurointerventional vertebroplasty treatment options.
- Identify management of the neurocritical care patient with concepts of Intracranial pressure and temperature management.
- Summarize nursing care for deep brain stimulation patients and nocturnal disorders in Parkinson’s disease.
- State key aspects of nursing assessment and spine basic anatomy with patient’s swallow following cervical fusion surgery.
- Identify neuro assessment techniques and common barriers to NIHSS assessment.
- State the different types of brain tumors and course of treatment.
- Identify functional outcomes of different neurological level of injury.
- Discuss nocturnal disorders in Parkinson’s disease patients.
Physicians - AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ - Fairview Health Services is accredited by the Minnesota Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Fairview Health Services designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (Day One: 4.0; Day Two: 5.75). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses - Application has been submitted for approval of 9.75 credit hours (Day One: 4.0; Day Two: 5.75).
Nursing Professional Development at the University of Minnesota Health is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Occupational Therapists* - Qualifies for 9.75 contact hours under Minnesota Statue 148.6443 Continuing education requirements (Day One: 4.0; Day Two: 5.75)
Speech Language, Pathologists* - Qualifies for 9.75 CE hours under Minnesota rules part 8710.7200, subpart 3, item B (Day One: 4.0; Day Two: 5.75)
Physical Therapists* - Qualifies for 9.75 Category 1 credits under Minnesota rules 5601.2400, subpart 1, A
(Day One: 4.0; Day Two: 5.75)
Radiologic Technologists - Credit has been applied for with the American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Pharmacists - Fairview Health Services has applied for 9.5 CE credits through the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy (Day One: 3.75; Day Two: 5.75)
* Participants in this educational activity may submit their Statements of Attendance to the appropriate accrediting organizations or state boards for consideration of credit. Participants are responsible for determining whether this activity meets requirements for acceptable continuing education.