Frederick Harris, MD, Paul Gigante, MD and Alexander Zubkov, MD
This conference is for physicians, nurses, EMS, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists and allied health professionals.
Thursday, Dec. 4, 3:30‑8:05 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 5, 7:30 a.m.‑3:30 p.m.
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
5801 Opus Parkway
Minnetonka, MN 55343
- Care of the spine patient
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Spinal cord stimulation for pain management
- Swallow after cervical spine surgery: best practices
- Acute intensive care of the neurologic patient
- Deep brain stimulation for Parkinson's disease patients
- Neurointerventional radiology
- Care of surgical and nonsurgical hemorrhage patients
- Emergent care of stroke patients
- Identify key nursing and rehabilitation aspects of caring for complex spine patients.
- Understand pediatric scoliosis and options for surgical intervention.
- Identify functional outcomes in spinal cord injury patients.
- Understand indications and outcomes for spinal cord stimulation in pain management.
- Identify the clinical decision making process in the Emergency Department.
- Summarize the neurointerventional treatment options for the neurologic patient.
- Understand nursing management of the neurocritical care patient.
- Define interventions for primary and secondary brain tumor patients.
- Explain depression in the stroke patient and early indications recognizable by the care team.
- Summarize nursing care for deep brain stimulation patients and nocturnal disorders in Parkinson's disease.
VIEW PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE AGENDA
Day one (3:30-8:05 p.m.) - $50
Day two (7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.) - $125
Both days - $150
REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
Physicians - AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ - Fairview Health Services is accredited by the Minnesota Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Fairview has applied for 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (Day One: 3.75; Day Two: 5.75)
Nurses - American Nurses Credentialing Center - Application has been submitted for approval of 9.5 credit hours (Day One: 3.6; Day Two: 5.9)
Occupational Therapists* - Qualifies for 9.5 contact hours under Minnesota Statue 148.6443 Continuing education requirements (Day One: 3.75; Day Two: 5.75)
Speech Language, Pathologists* - Qualifies for 9.5 CE hours under Minnesota rules part 8710.7200, subpart 3, item B (Day One: 3.75; Day Two: 5.75)
Physical Therapists* - Qualifies for 9.5 Category 1 credits under Minnesota rules 5601.2400, subpart 1, A
(Day One: 3.75; Day Two: 5.75)
Radiologic Technologists - Credit has been applied for with the American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Pharmacists - Fairview Health Services has applied for 9.5 CE credits through the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy (Day One: 3.75; Day Two: 5.75)
* Participants in this educational activity may submit their Statements of Attendance to the appropriate accrediting organizations or state boards for consideration of credit. Participants are responsible for determining whether this activity meets requirements for acceptable continuing education.