for a healthy future
Fairview Lakes Community Health Outreach helps build healthy communities by partnering with local organizations and agencies. Working with our partners, we identify community health needs and then find ways to meet them.
Fairview offers a wide variety of programs and services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to help residents of our communities live healthier lives. Each community is assessed to determine the top health concerns and needs of that community. Then programs and services are designed to meet the specific needs of each community.
Fairview Lakes Community Health Outreach helps build healthy communities by partnering with local organizations and agencies in the planning and delivery of programs and services that respond to unmet needs.
Some of the programs we offer include:
- Matching at-risk students with caring adult mentors
- Providing screening and information to prevent suicide
- Helping high schools train students for health care careers
Communities we serve:
We provide education and support for schools and other community programs in Chisago County, southern Pine County, northern Washington County and northeastern Anoka County. Communities we work with include: Lino Lakes, Lindstrom, Forest Lake, Hugo, Chisago City, Center City, Rush City, Pine City, Wyoming, North Branch and Taylors Falls.
Partnerships in Community Health
- Friends Make a Difference Mentoring Program
- Suicide Prevention Task Force
- Introduction to Health Care classes in local schools
- Services we coordinate or provide:
- "Friends Make a Difference" mentoring programs in a dozen area school
- Award-winning “Introduction to Health Care” courses in three local high schools
- Scholarships for students pursuing health care careers
- Bike safety and low-cost bike helmet distribution
- Free Today's Health Topics programs
- Foot care clinics in three senior centers
- Depression screenings in area high schools
Carla Norelius, Community Health Outreach Manager
Kathy Bystrom, Assistant Manager
Community Health Needs Assessments are detailed reports that shed light on the evolving health needs of the communities we serve and help us meet those needs going forward. It’s a process Fairview has undergone voluntarily every three years since 1995 - such assessments are now required by law under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. If you'd like to see a summary of our findings, here’s a link to our report.