Fairview Medical Missions Program:
Mission participants spend two weeks working alongside Tanzanian staff to provide assessments and assist with interventions.
- Total cost for the trip is approximately $3,000 (including airfare, food and lodging and transportation), with grant funding up to $1,500 available.
- Each trip is limited to 6-8 people. Team members are chosen by the Fairview Medical Mission review committee.
- Trips are two weeks long and participants may choose to go on a three day safari at their own expense following the mission trip (safaris cost approximately $1,700 per person).
How to apply for trips to Tanzania:
- Fill out the online Medical Mission trip application and the online grant application.
- Apply at least two months in advance of trip date. Team members are chosen by a review committee.
- Trip dates are subject to change until confirmed.
- Fairview may be able to provide a grant to help cover your expenses (up to $1,500), depending upon available funding.
- To be eligible for funding, applicants must be a current Fairview employee with one year of employment and at least 20 hours per week, a Fairview volunteer with a minimum of 50 hours per year, a Fairview retiree or a Fairview Physician Associates (FPA) member.
- By filling out the Tanzania medical missions trip and grant application, you'll be applying for a grant to help out with expenses.
- One grant per applicant per calendar year.
- All grantees must complete a trip evaluation within 30 days of return.
- Make checks out to: Fairview Foundation. Write your name and trip date on the memo line.
- First payment of $500 is due three months before the trip. Second payment of $1,000 is due two months before your trip. Any balance is due a month before your trip.
- All contributions to Fairview Foundation are tax-deductible.
- No refunds are allowed to employees. Contributions may be allocated to future trips.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Fairview Medical Missions using this online form.