If you have pelvic pain that is severe, prolonged or comes back month after month, it's time to see an OB/GYN. Gynecologists at Fairview Clinics can help diagnosis your period problem and find a treatment plan to eliminate your pain and improve your quality of life.
What to expect at your appointment
To pinpoint the cause of your problem, your doctor will begin with a detailed evaluation of your medical history. It’s very helpful if you keep a log of your symptoms and concerns.
Keep track of:
- When and how often you get the pain?
- How long does the pain last?
- How severe it is on a scale of 1 to 10?
- Does it coincide with your period?
- What aggravates it? (exercise, sexual activity, sitting, standing, food or drink)
- What relieves it? (heat, body position, back massage, etc.)
- How does it affect your quality of life?
Your doctor may use lab tests to check hormones or recommend imaging procedures to help find the cause of your symptoms. Depending on the diagnosis, recommended treatments might include life-style changes, medications, and nonsurgical or surgical gynecologic procedures. From endometrial ablation to even one-incision hysterectomies - Fairview doctor s help thousands of women every year overcome their period and pelvic problems.