The Breast Center at Fairview Southdale Hospital offers complete care for breast health – from advanced technology to detect cancer early to treatment – in an environment designed especially for women. If the diagnosis is cancer, we offer one of the region’s leading cancer programs and will be with you every step of the way.
6545 France Ave. S. Suite 250
Edina, MN 55435
M-F 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
As women age, changes in breast tissue can occur. Many of these changes are normal. Yet one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast pain
- Nipple discharge
Why choose the Breast Center at Fairview Southdale Hospital?
- Fairview Southdale Breast Center is a designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that achieve excellence by seeking and earning accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound
- Onsite radiologists read diagnostic test results immediately to determine if additional testing is needed, while you are still in the clinic. Results for annual screening mammograms are typically available within a few days.
- Fairview mammography and ultrasound technologists are experts, certified in breast-imaging technology. Our dedicated staff provides you with a comfortable and private exam of the highest quality.
- Our comprehensive services assure you receive the best care medicine has to offer, all under one roof, in a timely manner.
- We offer special care for high-risk patients, including genetic counseling and testing. If you are identified as high-risk, Breast Center staff works closely with you. We’ll develop an appropriate follow-up plan to reduce your risk of developing cancer and to increase the likelihood of discovering a cancer at a stage when it is most curable.
- We conduct and participate in extensive clinical trials with the University of Minnesota. That means our patients have access to the latest medical treatments for breast cancer.
- If the diagnosis is cancer, our nurse navigators help answer your questions, offer support and guide you throughout your breast cancer journey.
Schedule a mammogram today!
Early detection and treatment is proven to save lives. Call 952-836-3600 to schedule a mammogram.
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Nipple pain or the nipple turning inward
- Redness or scaliness of the nipple or breast skin
- Discharge (other than breast milk)
- A lump or swelling
Breast Center services and programs
Fairview Southdale Breast Center’s team of medical experts provides complete care for breast health, including:
- Physician specialists. Radiologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, breast specialists and cosmetic surgeons
- State-of-the-art imaging. Digital mammography, magnetic resonance imaging and digital ultrasound.
- Breast biopsies to determine the cause of a lump or breast problem. There are many kinds of breast biopsies, including image-guided biopsies, that your doctor might recommend.
- Evaluation of benign breast problems, including cysts and infections
- High-risk evaluations and high-risk clinic. Because breast cancers can be genetically passed on, Fairview Southdale Breast Center’s high-risk clinic genetic counseling and genetic testing for those who may be at high risk of developing breast cancer. If you are identified as high-risk, we work closely with you to develop a plan to reduce your risk of developing cancer and to increase the likelihood of discovering a cancer at a stage when it is most curable.
- Comprehensive cancer care. Fairview Southdale Breast Center coordinates the full spectrum of care for patients with breast cancer, including general surgery, reconstructive surgery, medical oncology, radiation therapy and lymphedema therapy.
- Nurse navigator. Our registered nurse navigators serve as an advocate, educator and partner for women facing breast cancer. With extensive knowledge of breast cancer treatments and resources for patients and families, a nurse navigator is with you and your family every step of the way.
- Holistic therapies that include acupuncture, herbal therapy and massage therapy
- Clinical trials. Fairview Southdale Breast Center conducts and participates in many clinical trials with the University of Minnesota to evaluate emerging medical treatments for breast cancer. Our breast specialists will work with you to determine if a clinical trial is right for you.
- Resources and support. Onsite cancer support groups provide you and your family with a community of people who are experiencing or have experienced similar situations. Breast Center staff connect you with a network of community services where you can find additional support for you and your family.
To find out where all of our Fairview Breast Centers are located, visit our Fairview Breast Care web page.
|Peter Conklin, MD|
|Mary Foshager, MD|
|Franklin Liu, MD|
|Meghan McKeon, MD|
|Steven Thiel, MD|