Explore rehabilitation job opportunities at Fairview and join our team in roles such as a physical therapist, occupational therapist, audiologist or speech language pathologist — among many other professional roles. Rehab jobs in inpatient or outpatient settings are available in several Minnesota communities.
Rehabilitation Services at Fairview is an exciting area where engaged professionals use superior skills to deliver excellent care to each patient we serve every day. Imagine yourself as a part of a team that:
- Places the patient at the center of every decision;
- Improves the field through research, learning, technology and innovation;
- Uses data collection to measure outcomes and develop best practices;
- Develops new, specialized programs inspired by the needs of our patients and our own passion for providing exceptional care, including: throwing, running, post-pregnancy and other specialties at the Institute for Athletic Medicine (IAM), Fairview’s Balance Center, Voice Center, Low Vision Program, Pediatric Rehabilitation Program; and
- Uses technology to improve care — from the sophisticated assistive technology clinic to vestibular testing equipment and electronic medical records that give therapists access to comprehensive patient information.
We depend on one another, and we’re dependable.
We value and emphasize teamwork across our system. In all of our work settings, we work in interdisciplinary teams to provide the best care possible. Teams often consist of combinations of physicians, nurses, social workers, physical therapists (PTs), occupational therapists, (OTs), speech language pathologists, athletic trainers, chiropractors and more. Collaboration is one key to our high employee satisfaction.
We offer opportunities to grow and learn.
We constantly seek better ways to address our patients’ needs. To help you continue to advance your skills and deliver the best care possible, we provide:
- Employer-provided, customized continuing education (CE) programs related to diagnostic populations and therapist interests;
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) approved provider sites for CE; Opportunities for paid external CE and tuition reimbursement;
- Opportunities to participate in national symposiums, grand rounds, clinical research and more;
- Support for therapists in achieving advanced education, such as Herdman’s Certification for balance and vestibular treatment and testing, and board certifications;
- Level one and two career advancement for clinical leadership track in specialty areas;
- Diverse care environments that give rehab professionals the chance to learn new things; and
- A mentoring culture that helps further challenge each of us to continually deepen — or broaden — our skills.
Many rehab professionals find they can receive their CE licensure credits entirely onsite.
We offer a total continuum of care — and careers.
- Acute Rehabilitation Center
- Hospital inpatient rehabilitation
- Hospital-based outpatient :
Assistive Technology Clinic
Facial Paralysis Clinic
Low vision rehabilitation
Multiple sclerosis rehabilitation
Seating and Wheeled Mobility Clinic
- Transitional care, including assisted living centers
- Outpatient clinics:
Hand Center (five sites)
Institute for Athletic Medicine (26 sites)
A range of career areas:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Orthotics & prosthetics
We support staff members to follow their interests where possible. Rehab professionals at Fairview often pursue:
- Clinical Specialist roles
- Research or teaching roles
- Senior staff or supervisory positions