We invite you to explore pharmacy job opportunities at Fairview and join us as an important part of the caregiving team. Pharmacist jobs, pharmacy technician jobs and a range of other career opportunities are available in several Minnesota communities.
We're accomplished professionals known for clinical excellence and multidisciplinary teamwork.
Enter a highly professional environment where pharmacists are utilizing their advanced knowledge as part of a team delivering exceptional patient care.
At Fairview, you'll find pharmacists:
- Engaged in a wide range of clinical interactions
- Working with other medical professionals as part of the multidisciplinary team in both retail or hospital environments
- Developing new horizons of pharmaceutical care and pursuing ways to utilize pharmacists in innovative practice settings
- Working in partnership with the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- Involved in drug research and Fairview’s system-wide integrated formulary and drug use committees
- Making important contributions to Fairview’s safety culture and quality initiatives
We heal, educate and discover. We offer future possibilities.
An outstanding in-house training program provides centralized training for new staff as well as ongoing training and support for current employees. We encourage pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to take advantage of opportunities to deepen their expertise and involvement in the areas they are interested in, including bone marrow or solid organ transplant, oncology, critical care, psychiatry, home care, allergy, hemophilia, warfarin management and more.
We define and deliver excellent care.
Fairview Pharmacy Services is a supportive team of professionals providing a comprehensive, integrated medication care system designed to address the needs of individual patients and populations.
- Seven hospital settings range from small-town facilities to complex teaching institutions. At most sites, you'll get the opportunity to work in an expanded, decentralized practice model focused on improving drug therapy outcomes for our patients.
- In the ambulatory area, we have clinic-based retail sites, oncology pharmacies, home infusion pharmacy, medication therapy management, wholesale pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, compounding pharmacy, long-term care pharmacy and mail-order pharmacy.
- Progressive clinical programs include therapeutic interchange, IV to oral interchange, dose modification for renal dysfunction, restricted antimicrobial program and pharmacokinetic consultations.
Innovative service lines including anti-coagulation clinics, clinical trials, advanced drug therapy services, ClearScript SM pharmacy benefit management and health system consulting.
We offer career paths that are right for you.
Fairview is an organization where pharmacy professionals pursue their interests, try new things, build vibrant, lifelong careers. Choose from full-time or part-time options in a range of opportunities:
- New Graduate Pharmacist
- Pharmacist in charge/Site manager (retail)
- Pharmacy resident (hospital)
- Medication Therapy Management clinical pharmacist
- Pharmacy student/intern
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Management and supervisory positions
- Clinical Specialist
- Professional and administrative support staff
We blend our knowledge with sophisticated technologies.
- Centralized OptiFill II Automated Dispensing System
- Automated Inventory Management System
- Common Computer Profile linking retail sites for immediately accessible patient information
- Point of Sale (POS) System
- Integrated Voice Response (automated refill line)
- Integrated Web Response (Internet refill requests)
- Pyxis 4000 with profile software
- Epic Willow pharmacy system
- Computerized Physician Order Entry
- Computer system that gives pharmacists access to the necessary information to assist in maximizing medication therapy outcomes.
- Electronic Reference (Micromedex) Database
- Baxa Automated Compounder
- Electronic medical record with pharmacy component