We offer a wide range of laboratory job opportunities at Fairview. Explore lab careers in areas such as hematology, phlebotomy, histology, cytology and more. Laboratory jobs are available in several Minnesota communities.
We're accomplished, highly engaged professionals serving as resources for one another and adding enormous value to the entire Fairview system. The laboratory staff at Fairview is a like an extended family of close-knit teams. We all share a passion for improving processes, finding answers and enhancing patients’ lives. At Fairview, you'll find laboratory professionals:
- Consulting and teaching within Fairview and the entire laboratory industry;
- Building collegial relationships and staying connected through an outstanding laboratory newsletter;
- Pursuing opportunities to work as generalists or specialists and moving between multiple sites and practice settings;
- Contributing to national and international clinical research initiatives;
- Working with cutting-edge instrumentation, methodology and information systems;
- Working as an integrated system where even the most esoteric tests can usually be completed internally; and
- Contributing to committees and initiatives in their specializations, workplaces and system-wide.
We grow professionally and advance our discipline.
- We're passionate about this field, setting standards for innovation and introducing testing methodologies and technologies.
- We're national leaders in using principles of Lean and Six Sigma to maximize effectiveness and improve service.
- Fairview laboratory professionals enjoy comprehensive orientation plus opportunities for further education and training with our Clinical Lab Science program, advanced clinical training, mentoring and tuition reimbursement.
- Scholarships available to external applicants interested in careers as clinical laboratory technicians or scientists, histology technicians, cytotechnologists and phlebotomists.
- Fairview laboratories are accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) or the Commission on Office Laboratory Assessment (COLA) and other specialty accreditors.
We offer comprehensive, integrated laboratory services.
Generalist laboratory positions in hospitals and clinics in the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota include:
- Blood bank
Opportunities in University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview’s centralized specialty laboratories include:
- Drug analysis
- Immunology/ Histocompatibility
- Flow cytometry
- Molecular diagnostics
- Biochemical genetics
- Specialized coagulation
- Cell therapy (processing of bone marrow, cord blood and stem cells for transplant)
We also have a significant outreach business and a collaborative studies area performing sponsored research and the capacity to develop specialized tests (such as West Nile, Epstein Barr Virus and others) and respond quickly to technical, regulatory and professional issues.
We offer career paths that are right for you.
Laboratory positions at Fairview:
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Histology Technician and Histotechnologist
- Laboratory Assistant
- Laboratory Care Technician (includes phlebotomy and specimen processing)
- Laboratory Unit Clerk
- Medical Transcriptionist and Clerical support
- Pathologist/Pathology Assistant/Pathology Technician
Growth opportunities for laboratory professionals:
- Compliance Specialist
- Education and Quality Specialist
- Information Systems Specialists
- Outreach, Sales and Marketing
- Point of Care Specialist
- Process Improvement Specialist
- Research and Clinical Studies
- Technical Lead
- Technical Supervisor
- Transfusion Specialist