The School of Radiation Therapy: Mission
To provide radiation therapy students with the didactic and clinical education necessary to graduate as an entry-level radiation therapist, who can work successfully in the radiation oncology setting.
- Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- employ proper treatment techniques
- accurately perform dose calculations
- practice written communication
- demonstrate effective oral communication with patients and staff
- assess equipment malfunctions and problems
- evaluate and adjust treatment parameters for non-routine situations
- practice professional behaviors
- analyze their professional growth and goals
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview Mission
Fairview's mission is to improve the health of the communities we serve. We commit our skills and resources to the benefit of the whole person by providing the finest in health care while addressing the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of individuals and their families. We further pledge to support the research and education efforts of our partner, the University of Minnesota and its tradition of excellence.
Dignity: We value the uniqueness of each person and work to ensure everyone's right to privacy. We respect the cultures, values, beliefs and traditions of others and honor their talents and contributions.
Integrity: We say what we mean and do what we say. We communicate openly and honestly and behave ethically. We demand the best of ourselves and accept shared accountability for our actions.
Service: We work to make a difference in people's lives and in our communities. We strive for excellence by anticipating, meeting and exceeding expectations. We continually improve our programs and skills through learning and innovation. We responsibly manage our resources.
Compassion: We recognize and respond to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of all the people we serve. We create a caring environment, conducive to healing, growth and well-being for all.
School of Radiation Therapy Home