Master of Nursing Sponsorship - University of Minnesota
Fairview’s Master of Nursing Sponsorship Program at the University of Minnesota is intended to fill critical registered nurse vacancies within University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, and Fairview Southdale Hospital. If we do not anticipate vacancies to occur at the completion of the program, we cannot offer the sponsorships. The program eligibility, requirements and details may be subject to change at Fairview's discretion.
Eligible candidates must be accepted into the University of Minnesota, School of Nursing, Master of Nursing program (pre-licensure) and beginning the program fall semester. If you are eligible, you will receive information from the University of Minnesota School of Nursing in February or March about how to apply for this Fairview nursing sponsorship. Application materials are due in the spring of each year.
For information about the Master of Nursing program, visit the University of Minnesota website at www.nursing.umn.edu.
During the application period, applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Fairview Nursing Sponsorship - University of Minnesota Master of Nursing Program Application Form
- Current résumé detailing work history, educational training and experiences
- Two letters of recommendation from a current or previous employer, class advisor or instructor and/or another professional. Letters should have an emphasis on your interpersonal relationship skills, as well as critical thinking abilities.
- Copy of educational transcripts
Selected candidates will complete an interview with Fairview Health Services personnel. Students will be selected for the sponsorship based on an application and interview process.
Commitment after program acceptance
Students accepted into the sponsorship program will be required to:
- Successfully complete the 16-month, full-time Master of Nursing Program at University of Minnesota's School of Nursing.
- Register for the Minnesota R.N. license exam (NCLEX) within one month of completing the nursing program. The exam must be completed and passed within 6 months of completing the nursing program.
- Accept an (0.8, 0.9, 1.0) R.N. position at the sponsoring hospital within two weeks of receiving a job offer.
Number of years of work commitment to Fairview
Sponsorship award toward tuition and mandatory fees
|2 years||64-80 hours/|
Note: The sponsorship is considered a "loan" by the IRS and accrues simple interest. The loan and interest are considered "forgiven" after the work commitment is completed, and do not need to be paid back. However, at that point, according to IRS guidelines, both the loan and interest become taxable income and are taxed at the supplemental rate of 38.9 percent.
Bill Johnson, RN, Fairview Talent Acquisition, 612-672-7188 or email@example.com.