Employee Dependent Health Care Scholarship
For children of Fairview employees
Fairview is proud to offer scholarships to dependents of benefit eligible Fairview employees (up to 25 years of age) pursuing a college-level degree program within the health care discipline. This scholarship is generally offered in the spring of each year with winners announced in mid-summer.
We are currently accepting applications for this scholarship through Monday, June 17, 2013. Download the application packet.
Eligible candidates for this scholarship are:
- High school seniors, recent high school graduates who plan to enroll, or students already enrolled in a college-level degree program within the healthcare discipline.
- Dependents of benefit-eligible Fairview employees and young adults (up to 25 years of age).
- Dependents of a Fairview employee who is currently employed at a contributing entity to the Annual Fairview Foundation Employee Giving Campaign (Corporate; Fairview Southdale Hospital; University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview: East and West Bank campuses; Fairview Ridges Hospital; Fairview Lakes Medical Center; Fairview Northland; Fairview Physician Associates; Home Care and Hospice; Institute for Athletic Medicine; Information Technology and Pharmacy).
- Accepted and enrolled in an accredited college or technical school health care education program.
The applicant must submit the following application materials:
- Employee Dependent Health Care Scholarship Application Form.
- Copy of your educational transcripts (an unofficial copy is fine).
- Two professional recommendations from a current or previous employer, class advisor or instructor and/or another professional using the "Scholarship Applicant Recommendation Form" included in the application packet and/or submitted as a formal letter of recommendation on business or school letterhead.
- Documentation of acceptance/enrollment in an accredited college-level program. If this documentation isn't available, please submit documentation showing proof of application to the program. If offered the scholarship, it will be dependent upon acceptance and enrollment into the program.
Note: This scholarship is considered taxable under Section 117 of the Internal Revenue Service code. Please consult with a tax advisor if you have questions.
Deadline to apply is June 17. Fairview's Workforce Development department will notify the scholarship winners in writing..