Fairview is proud to offer scholarships to Fairview employees who have completed high school and/or earned a G.E.D. and will be entering or are currently enrolled in an accredited college or technical school program. This scholarship is offered to support the leadership development of employees who are pursuing advancement opportunities within Fairview.
This scholarship is generally offered in the spring of each year with winners announced in mid-summer. We are currently accepting applications for this scholarship through Friday, June 24, 2016. Download the application packet.
Eligible candidates for this scholarship are:
- High school seniors, recent high school graduates who plan to enroll, or students already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program.
- Family members of a Fairview employee (children, siblings, grandchildren, spouses, etc.).
- Accepted and enrolled in an accredited college or technical school.
- Completing a program that will help them qualify for positions that are expected to be available within Fairview. The program can be any level from certificate through doctorate.
The applicant must submit the following application materials:
- Fairview Family Health Care Career Scholarship Application Form.
- Copy of your educational transcripts (an unofficial copy is fine).
- One professional recommendation from a current or previous employer, class advisor or instructor and/or another professional using the “Scholarship Applicant Recommendation Form” in the application packet and/or submitted as a formal letter of recommendation on business or school letterhead.
- Letter of support from the referring Fairview employee (family member).
- Documentation of acceptance/enrollment in an accredited college-level program. If this documentation isn’t available, please submit documentation showing proof of application to the program. If offered the scholarship, it will be dependent upon acceptance and enrollment into the program.
Note: This scholarship is considered taxable under Section 117 of the Internal Revenue Service code. Please consult with a tax advisor if you have questions.
Deadline to apply is June 24. Fairview’s Workforce Development department will notify the scholarship winners in writing.
For more information regarding this or other system wide Fairview scholarships, please contact: