Attention students: Fairview Health Services and St. Catherine University are partnering to expand and transition the Fairview Radiation Therapy Program to St. Catherine University after August 2017. Fairview has accepted its last class and future students will be accepted into a degree completion program at St. Catherine University. This program is designed for associate degree radiographers to complete a Bachelor of Science Degree in Radiation Therapy.
The radiation therapy curriculum, technical and clinical portions of this degree completion program will remain essentially the same.
To obtain more information about Bachelor of Science Degree in Radiation Therapy or to apply, please visit the St. Catherine University website.
The School of Radiation Therapy accepts students who are highly qualified for the radiation therapy program. To be considered for this program you should exhibit strong qualifications for the radiation therapy profession. Applicants to the program must possess the following general qualities:
- Physical and mental stamina
- Flexibility and adaptability, good sound judgment
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Emotional stability
- High level of professionalism and maturity
- Personal responsibility
- Ability to communicate well and appropriately with patients and staff, verbal and written or otherwise.
In addition, radiation therapy students must be able to perform the following as part of the regular duties:
- Use computers and keyboards
- Push, pull, bend, stoop and squat routinely
- Lift 20 pounds over your head
- Assist in lifting transferring and moving patients and equipment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Stand for long periods of time
- Distinguish shades of gray
- Move quickly throughout the clinic
- Communicate with patients and staff, verbally, in writing or otherwise
- Demonstrate retention and utilization of clinical information and skills
Students must be able to perform the essential functions and requirements as required by the program curriculum.