Master of Arts in Nursing Entry-Level Sponsorship – St. Catherine University
This program is intended to fill critical registered nurse vacancies within University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Southdale Hospital. If we do not anticipate vacancies at the completion of the program at these Fairview sites, we cannot offer the sponsorships. The program eligibility, requirements and details may be subject to change at Fairview’s discretion.
Eligible candidates must be accepted into the St. Catherine University Master of Arts in Nursing Entry-Level program. If you are eligible, you will receive information from St. Catherine University about how to apply for this Fairview nursing sponsorship.
For information about the Master of Arts in Nursing Entry-Level program, visit St. Catherine University's website at www.stkate.edu.
When we are accepting applications, the deadline will be posted here. Applicants must submit the following application materials:
- Master of Arts in Nursing: Entry-Level Sponsorship – St. Catherine University Application Form
- Current résumé detailing work history, educational training and experiences
- Two letters of recommendation from a current or previous employer, class advisor or instructor and/or another professional. Letters should have an emphasis on your interpersonal relationship skills, as well as critical thinking abilities.
- Copy of educational transcript (an unofficial copy is fine)
Selected applicants will complete an interview with Fairview personnel. Students will be selected for the sponsorship based on an application and interview process.
Commitment after program acceptance
Students accepted into the sponsorship program will be required to:
- Successfully complete the Master of Arts in Nursing program at St. Catherine University.
- Register for the MN RN License exam (NCLEX) within one month of completing the nursing program. The exam must be completed and passed within 90 days of completing the nursing program.
- Accept a registered nurse position for 64, 72 or 80 hours per 2-week pay period with the University of Minnesota Medical Center or Fairview Southdale Hospital within two weeks of receiving an offer.
- Fulfill their individual sponsorship commitment agreements at the hospital where they are hired.
|Number of year of work commitment to Fairview||Authorized hours||Sponsorship award toward tuition and mandatory fees|
|2 years||64-80 hours/2 weeks||$10,000|
Note: The sponsorship is considered a “loan” by the IRS and accrues simple interest. The loan and interest are considered “forgiven” after the work commitment is completed, and do not need to be paid back. However, at that point, according to IRS guidelines, both the loan and interest become taxable income and are taxed at the supplemental rate of 38.9 percent.
Bill Johnson, RN, Fairview Workforce Development, 612-672-7188 or email@example.com.