We regularly earn national, state and local recognition for our work. Here are some recent highlights.
►America’s Best Employers (by Forbes): Out of more than 500 employers on the list, Fairview came in at No. 60. No other Twin Cities health care system was ranked higher.
►Best Regional Hospitals List (by U.S. News & World Report)
- Fairview Southdale Hospital was named to the Best Regional Hospitals list by U.S. News & World Report, placing No. 4 in the Minneapolis metro area and No. 6 in Minnesota. In addition, Southdale Hospital was also given a high performing rating for its work in six categories of common medical procedures and conditions (abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, chronic obtrusive pulmonary disease, colon cancer surgery, heart failure, hip replacement, knee replacement). Fairview Ridges Hospital was given a high performing rating for its work in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart failure and hip replacement.
► 100 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) to Know
- Fairview Health Services was named to the 2016 edition of Becker's Hospital Review’s 100 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) to Know for the fifth year in a row.
►100 Influential Minnesota Health Care Leaders
- Patrick Herson, MD, president of Fairview Medical Group, was recognized for helping to make Minnesota's health care system a global model of excellence.
►2016 100 Top Hospitals (by Truven Health Analytics)
- Fairview Northland Medical Center: Recognizes hospitals and leadership teams that provide the highest level of value to their communities and scores organizational performance across 11 key measures including patient care, operational efficiency and financial stability.
►Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Fairview Lakes Medical Center: Recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota as a healthcare facility shown to deliver improved patient safety and better health outcomes
►Global Healthcare Exchange Best 50 Supply Chains in North America: For our work in improving operational performance and driving down costs through supply chain automation in 2015
►System for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth: For our success in environmental sustainability efforts.
►Stand Up for Patient Safety Management Award: For creating and implementing a successful patient safety initiative that improved the management of biological specimens across our hospitals
►Nineteen Fairview clinics were honored with 2016 Minnesota Bridges to Excellence awards from the Minnesota Health Action Group for delivering high-quality outcomes for patients with diabetes, vascular disease and/or depression.
►2016 Women's Choice Awards For Excellence in Care and Experience:
- Fairview Southdale Hospital: Bariatric surgery, obstetrics, heart care, stroke care, orthopedics and patient safety
- University of Minnesota Medical Center: Bariatric surgery, obstetrics, stroke care and breast care
- Fairview Northland Medical Center: Obstetric
► The Joint Commission recognized Fairview Northland Hospital as a Top Performers on Key Quality Measures® based on performance data for 2014.
► Minnesota Hospital Association statewide awards:
- Patient Safety Improvement (Large Hospital Category): University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital
- Health Care Workforce Champion (Large Hospital Category): Fairview Health Services
- Health Care Workforce Champion (Individual Category): Laura Beeth, system director of talent acquisition
► AchieveMpls Program Ally: For being an active program partner since 2008, providing student internships and hands-on work exerperience to students in Minneapolis Public Schools.
► Practice Greenhealth Awards: Fairview received the System for Change award for sustainability efforts; University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Southdale and Fairview Ridges hospitals each received Partner for Change awards.
► Hennepin County Wellness by Design (Gold level+Green): For successful workplace wellness initiatives.
► CEO Roundtable on Cancer, Gold Standard: For providing a framework for employers to have a healthier workplace by focusing on cancer risk reduction, early detection and access to clinical trials and high-quality care.
► American Heart Association, Fit-Friendly Workplace: For providing programs that encourage physical fitness, nutrition and a healthy culture.
► HealthPartners Partners In Excellence Silver awards. Fairview Medical Group was recognized in the following Primary Care categories:
- Attributed Total Cost of Care
- MNCM Optimal Diabetes Care
- MNCM Optimal Vascular Care
- Pediatric Preventive Services.
- Fairview Pharmacy was recognized in the following Pharmacy Patient Experience categories:
- Medical Counseling, Pharmacy
- Medication Reminder Support, Pharmacy.
- Fairview – Paul Larson Clinic was recognized in the following OB/Gyn Patient Experience category:
- Understanding Your Condition, Specialty