We regularly earn national, state and local recognition for our work. Here are some recent highlights.
- Patient Safety Improvement (Large Hospital Category): University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital
- Health Care Workforce Champion (Large Hospital Category): Fairview Health Services
- Health Care Workforce Champion (Individual Category): Laura Beeth, system director of talent acquisition
► Hennepin County Wellness by Design (Gold level+Green): For successful workplace wellness initiatives.
► CEO Roundtable on Cancer, Gold Standard: For providing a framework for employers to have a healthier workplace by focusing on cancer risk reduction, early detection and access to clinical trials and high-quality care.
► American Heart Association, Fit-Friendly Workplace: For providing programs that encourage physical fitness, nutrition and a healthy culture.
- Fairview Medical Group was recognized in the following Primary Care categories:
- Attributed Total Cost of Care
- MNCM Optimal Diabetes Care
- MNCM Optimal Vascular Care
- Pediatric Preventive Services.
- Fairview Pharmacy was recognized in the following Pharmacy Patient Experience categories:
- Medical Counseling, Pharmacy
- Medication Reminder Support, Pharmacy.
- Fairview – Paul Larson Clinic was recognized in the following OB/Gyn Patient Experience category:
- Understanding Your Condition, Specialty
► Becker's Hospital Review named University of Minnesota Medical Center among the "100 Great Hospitals in America.
► U.S. News & World Report again ranked University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital among the top children's hospitals in the country.
► University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Southdale Hospital were recognized in this year’s U.S. News and World Report’s "Top Hospitals" issue
► The Joint Commission recognized Fairview’s five community hospitals as 2013 Top Performers on Key Quality Measures® based on performance data for 2013.
- Fairview Ridges Hospital for heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care and stroke
- Fairview Southdale Hospital for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Fairview Range, Fairview Northland and Fairview Lakes medical centers for pneumonia and surgical care
► University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Ridges and Southdale hospitals received the Heart Failure Bronze Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association.
► Teams from Fairview Lakes and Fairview Northland medical centers received Premier QUEST Awards for High-Value Healthcare.
► Fairview Southdale Hospital's focus around providing exceptional treatment for heart failure patients earned a Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure Silver-Plus Quality Achievement Award.
► Fairview received several awards from the Minnesota Hospital Association, including:
- Best Minnesota Hospital Workplace (Large Hospital Category) - Fairview Lakes Medical Center
- Innovation of the Year in Patient Care (Large Hospital Category)—Fairview Ridges Hospital
- Trustee of the Year—Art Skarohlid, Fairview Northland Medical Center
► Thirty-two Fairview clinics were honored with Minnesota Bridges to Excellence awards from the Minnesota Health Action Group for delivering high-quality outcomes for patients with diabetes, vascular disease and/or depression.
► Fairview Medical Group received HealthPartners in Excellence Silver awards in the categories of Attributed Total Cost of Care and Child & Adolescent Preventive care.
► Fairview earned a HealthPartners Innovations in HealthCare Award for its efforts in improving health coaching for patients with diabetes.
► UCare awarded Fairview Medical an Excellence in Disability Care Award for our attention to individualized care for people with disabilities.
► Aging Services of Minnesota honored Ebenezer with three awards at its annual gala:
- Caregiver of the Year--Georgia Muhammad
- Spirit of Aging award--Isiah Moore
- Excellence in the Workplace award—Ebenezer
► Fairview Home Care and Hospice and Fairview Lakes HomeCaring & Hospice were both named to the 2014 Homecare Elite list.
► The Minnesota Department of Human Services (MDHS) recognized Fairview Partners as one of seven organizations to earn the 2013 Commissioner's Circle of Excellence Award from MDHS.
► Fairview’s Zero Birth Injury Team received three awards in 2014
- Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety awarded the ZBI its Innovation in Patient Safety Award.
- Minnesota Hospital Association and the March of Dimes recognized five Fairview hospitals for their work to reducing the number of elective inductions and Cesarean deliveries performed before 39 completed weeks of pregnancy.
- The Minnesota Hospital Association also awarded Fairview the Patient Safety Improvement Award of the year (Large Hospital Category).
► University of Minnesota Heart Care received HealthPartners In Excellence Silver awards in two patient experience categories: Informed About Your Needs and Pros and Cons of Care.
► The Orthopedic Service Line, along with the Institute for Athletic Medicine, earned a HealthPartners Innovations in HealthCare Award for their efforts to treat lower back pain.
► More than 270 doctors from Fairview, University of Minnesota Physicians and independent partner clinics who see patients at our facilities were named 2014 Best Doctors in Minnesota Monthly Magazine.
► Two Fairview nurses were celebrated at the March of Dimes annual Nurse of the Year awards gala.
► Fairview was honored with seven Practice Greenhealth Awards recognizing our sustainability initiatives, including the System for Change Award recognizing our system's commitment.
► Fairview was among those named 2014 Most Wired by Hospitals & Health Networks (H&HN).
► Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal named Fairview Chief Financial Officer Dan Fromm “CFO of the Year” among non-profit organizations.
► Ebenezer Ridges Care Center in Burnsville is ranked among the best nursing homes in Minnesota, according to U.S. News & World Report, which gave the nursing home a five-star rating on a scale of one to five stars in its 2013 "Best Nursing Homes" report.
► University of Minnesota Medical Center is named among the nation’s “100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs,” by Becker’s Hospital Review. The medical center is the only Twin Cities hospital on the list.
► U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Hospitals”—University of Minnesota Medical Center is ranked as the top hospital in the Twin Cities and ranked among the top 50 hospitals in the United States in 11 medical and surgical specialties:
- cancer (21st)
- cardiology & heart surgery (44th)
- diabetes & endocrinology (24th)
- ear, nose & throat (26th)
- gastroenterology (26th)
- geriatrics (43rd)
- nephrology (kidney disorders) (21st)
- neurology and neurosurgery (25th)
- orthopedics (29th)
- pulmonology (17th)
- urology (21st)
► Fairview Southdale Hospital is ranked fourth in the metro area by U.S. News & World Report and recognized as high performing in nine specialty areas: cancer; diabetes & endocrinology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; geriatrics; gynecology; orthopedics; pulmonology and urology.
► Fairview Ridges Hospital is ranked sixth in the metro area by U.S. News & World Report and recognized as high performing in five specialty areas: geriatrics, nephrology, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology.
► U. S. News & World Report's "America's Best Children's Hospitals"—University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital is ranked among the top 50 children's hospitals in the country in six medical and surgical specialties:
- cancer treatment (24th)
- diabetes & endocrinology (45th)
- gastroenterology (40th)
- neonatology (22nd)
- nephrology (19th)
- urology (45th)
► U.S. News & World Report’s “Most Connected Hospitals 2012-2013”—Three Fairview hospitals, including University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Southdale and Fairview Ridges hospitals, were recognized as being among only 156 hospitals nationwide that “are both digitally forward and clinically excellent,” according the report. As of 2013, all of Fairview’s hospitals and clinics have a unified electronic medical record.
► Star Tribune’s “Top 100 Workplaces”: Ebenezer ranked 16th on the “large company” list of the 100 best workplaces in the Twin Cities metro area. Fairview Lakes Medical Center also made the list as one 60 companies that met the national standards to be designated a Top Workplace, but were not ranked in Minnesota’s Top 100.
► Minnesota Hospital Association gives Fairview a statewide award for Health Care Career Promotion for our work with the Cedar Riverside Partnership's Urban Scrubs Camp, which provides high school students a unique opportunity to learn about career options in the medical field.