Fairview Purchasing Network (FPN), a division of Fairview Health Services, is a Premier-sponsored group purchasing organization (GPO) affiliate program.
As such, we offer:
- Solutions—proven tools to identify additional savings
- Savings—aggressive Premier buying tier
- Service—local, personalized services and dedicated staff
At FPN, our mission is simple: to offer supply savings and consulting services that enhance our members' decision-making and buying power. Our affiliates include more than 20 acute care hospitals, seven alternate care sites and 13 retail pharmacies in the upper Midwest.
The 'FPN difference'
Our aggressive buying tier, volume and savings make FPN a leader in reducing purchasing costs. We allow our members to aggregate their volumes with Fairview Health Services, including aggregation with Fairview's regional and national purchasing collaboratives.
Together, we have between $400 million and $3.5 billion in purchasing power, providing you with the purchasing advantage your organization needs to improve your operating margin and maintain your independence.
In most cases, FPN is able to buy at rates five to 15 percent below the price of the competition.
Leveraging Fairview's size and expertise
Fairview Health Services has a long history of providing affiliation services in the upper Midwest. Our health care system includes seven hospital/medical centers, more than 22,000 employees, 40 primary care clinics, 55 specialty clinics and 30 retail pharmacies.
Experienced Fairview medical/surgical and pharmacy contract and clinical integration project managers are dedicated to supporting FPN's mission.
Numerous member benefits
We leverage our size and expertise to bring key benefits to our affiliates, including:
- Best pricing on pharmacy and medical/surgical products
- Utilization of Fairview's medical/surgical pharmacy distribution agreements
- Voluntary contract utilization and aggregation
- National and local group buys for capital equipment
- Access to Premier's Supply Chain Advisor contract catalog
- Dedicated, local FPN and Premier customer service support
- Continuous focus on innovative strategies for cost-reduction, utilization review and reduction in variation
Customer service is key
At FPN, we are known for our high level of customer service. Our staff will work to ensure your conversion is as seamless as possible. The FPN team, along with clinical, data and supply chain experts, are dedicated to providing members with the support they need to optimize their GPO value.
Pharmacy consulting services add value
FPN also offers pharmacy consulting services that increase your buying power and help take the work out of your decision-making process, including:
- Drug rebate management
- Remote 24-hour pharmacy
Free analysis, easy conversion
FPN will conduct a free market basket analysis of the savings you would stand to gain by joining our network and accessing the Premier portfolio. Should you choose to join, there is no membership fee. We will manage the conversion for you with minimal disruption.