Fairview Medical Missions helps send Fairview clinicians, employees, volunteers and retirees to foreign countries to help medically underserved people with health care needs and medicines. Medical mission volunteers often serve from 500 to 2,500 patients during trips lasting from five days to two weeks.
To be eligible to receive a grant:
- The applicant must be a current employee (a minimum of two years of Fairview employment before the mission, working at least 20 hours per week), a current Fairview volunteer (with a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer time per year), a Fairview retiree, or a member of Fairview Physician Associates.
- Trips must include active participation in a group providing medical treatment or providing medical education programs.
- Trips for the purpose of personal education, surveys, religious activity or other non-medical activities are not eligible for Fairview Medical Mission funding.
- Grants may not be used for in-country travel, room and board, taxes, etc.
- Because Medical Missions funds are limited, one or more of the following restrictions may be applied in order to distribute available funds:
- Individuals who have received Fairview funding fewer than three times will receive priority.
- One grant per applicant per calendar year.
- A maximum of three people going on the same medical mission trip may receive travel funding.
- A maximum of two people going on the same medical mission trip may receive funding for medical supplies.
- Individuals in jobs below the manager level will receive funding priority.
- As of Aug. 1, 2011, grant funds are being sent only to sponsoring organizations—not to employees.
- Due to the number of applicants and the total funding available at any time, grants may be approved for less than the requested funding. The Medical Missions Committee encourages applicants to seek funding from a variety of sources (church, family, friends, etc.)
Once you have determined that you are eligible, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Worldwide Grant Application.
- Applications must be submitted by the appropriate application deadline date below. Earlier application is encouraged.
|Trips scheduled for:||Application due:|
Attn: Medical Missions Worldwide Grants
2849 Johnson St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Participants who receive funding from the Medical Mission Committee agree to submit:
- a brief narrative prior to the trip, stating the goal of the mission team and the participant's personal goals for the trip, and
- a completed Trip Evaluation within 30 days of return. The evaluation should include a narrative describing the mission and telling about your thoughts, feelings and the impact of the trip on your life; summary data on services provided; and documentation of expenses (copies of receipts for airline ticket/itinerary and medical supplies purchased).