To be eligible to receive a grant:
- The applicant must be a:
- Current employee (a minimum of two years of Fairview employment before the mission, working at least 20 hours per week)
- Fairview volunteer (a minimum of two years volunteering at Fairview, with at least 50 hours per year)
- Fairview retiree
- Member of Fairview Physician Associates
- Trips must include active participation in a group providing medical treatment or providing medical education programs.
- Trips for the purpose of personal education, surveys, religious activity or other non-medical activities are not eligible for Fairview Medical Mission funding.
- Grants may not be used for in-country travel, room and board, taxes, etc.
- Because Medical Missions funds are limited, one or more of the following restrictions may be applied in order to distribute available funds:
- Individuals who have received Fairview funding fewer than three times will receive priority.
- One grant per applicant per calendar year.
- A maximum of five people going on the same medical mission trip may receive travel funding.
- A maximum of three people going on the same medical mission trip may receive funding for medical supplies.
- Individuals in jobs below the manager level will receive funding priority.
- Due to the number of applicants and the total funding available at any time, grants may be approved for less than the requested funding. The Medical Missions Committee encourages applicants to seek funding from a variety of sources (church, family, friends, etc.).
- All grant funds are being sent only to sponsoring organizations—not to employees.
Once you have determined that you are eligible, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Worldwide Grant Application.
- Applications must be submitted by the appropriate application deadline date below. Earlier application is encouraged.
|Trips scheduled for:||Application due:|
Attn: Medical Missions Worldwide Grants
2849 Johnson St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Participants who receive funding from the Medical Mission Committee agree to submit:
- a brief narrative prior to the trip, stating the goal of the mission team and the participant's personal goals for the trip, and
- a completed Trip Evaluation within 30 days of return. The evaluation should include a narrative describing the mission and telling about your thoughts, feelings and the impact of the trip on your life; summary data on services provided; and documentation of expenses (copies of receipts for airline ticket/itinerary and medical supplies purchased).