Our programs in Honduras and Nicaragua
Since 1998, U.S. nonprofit Total Health has been providing medical care to the people of La Ceiba, Honduras. Total Health raises money for La Ceiba clinic and recruits medical personnel to work in the clinic and surrounding communities.
Fairview Medical Missions and Total Health have established a partnership, planning a number of medical missions trips to assist Salud Total Clinic—the first in February 2007. Fairview now sponsors a number of trips to La Ceiba each year and an occasional trip to Total Health's clinic in Managua, Nicaragua.
Serving the poor can be a life changing experience and will produce memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. We are excited to work with you to change people's lives.
Current trip information
Two clinical mission trips are currently planned:
Aug. 24-Sept. 1, 2013: A clinical mission trip to Managua, Nicaragua. Deadline for application is June 2013.
Oct. 26-Nov. 3, 2013: A clinical mission trip to La Ceiba, Honduras. Deadline for application is July 2013.
- Total cost for trips is $1,700 per person for clinical trips and $1,750 for surgical trips (Includes airfare, food and lodging, in-country travel and medical insurance). Does not include required vaccinations or passport expenses.
- Each trip is limited to 10-12 people. Team members are chosen by the Fairview Medical Missions committee.
- Fill out the online Medical Mission trip application.
- Apply at least three months in advance of trip date. Team members are chosen by a review committee.
- Fairview may be able to provide a grant to help cover your expenses (up to $750), depending upon available funding.
- To be eligible for funding, applicants must be a current Fairview employee with two years of employment and at least 20 hours per week, a Fairview volunteer with a minimum of 50 hours per year, a Fairview retiree or a Fairview Physician Associates (FPA) member.
- If you'd like to apply for a grant to help out with expenses, please fill out the online Medical Mission grant application. One grant per applicant per calendar year.
- All grantees must complete a trip evaluation within 30 days of return.
- Make checks out to: Fairview Medical Missions. Write your name and trip date on the memo line.
- First payment is due when you submit the application.
- Any balance is due one month before the trip.
- All contributions are tax-deductible.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Fairview Medical Missions using this online form.