Fairview, Zipnosis partner for quick, online diagnosis
Fairview Health Services and Zipnosis are teaming up to provide quick, high-quality, low-cost care for certain conditions.
Through clinical reviews by Fairview providers, Zipnosis diagnoses and treats:
- cold and flu
- sinus infections
- cold/canker sores
- sore throat
- seasonal allergies
- urinary tract infections
- yeast infections
- tobacco cessation
- Minnesota residents can visit Zipnosis.com and complete an online interview in about 5 minutes that collects specific information to help diagnose conditions. Data are encrypted for security and confidentiality.
- A Fairview physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner reviews the symptoms and sends the patient a diagnosis and treatment options. The provider includes information about what to do if the treatment instructions don’t improve the patient’s condition.
- If a prescription is needed, Zipnosis sends it electronically to the pharmacy the patient selects.
- Each visit is $25 paid with a credit card or health-savings account debit card. Insurance is not accepted, but patients get a receipt for potential reimbursement.
- No appointment is necessary. Fairview clinicians will respond within an hour between 8 a.m.-8 p.m., seven days a week.
If the patient’s symptoms suggest a condition Zipnosis cannot treat, Zipnosis provides the patient with the phone number to Fairview Nurse Advisors. A link to live chat with a Fairview registered nurse is also available to connect the patient with the appropriate level of care.